Monday

Midsummers Eve









Its June 21st and for some reason i always end up Paris for midsummer's eve. And i always forget that Paris celebrates it with music. Crazy, jazzy street music. In fact in the square below my house there are drums playing and before i heard a great 'mustang sally'. Ohh now a woman with a gorgeous voice is singing 'chain of fools'. Lovely.

My mum and I have always wanted to go up to Stratford-upon-Avon and watch a midsummer nights dream. I have no idea if its possible, I've never looked into properly. But cant you just imagine a balmy, warm summer night watching a fanciful, dreamy theater production.

Id have to wear a white long muslin dress, with my hair down and running a-muck in a few fields beforehand as well, just so I'm in the perfectly right mood. I think a few flowers in my hair wouldn't go amiss either.

No comments:

Post a Comment